Skip to main content

PERC LICENSEES: The deadline to renew your license without a late fee has been extended to July 31, 2024. Contact our call center at 1-800-560-6420 if you have questions. You can also view our helpful guides for retrieving your user name and for help resetting your password.

Effective July 24, 2024, we request individuals seeking updates on licensure applications make virtual appointments on Wednesdays instead of visiting the Department’s Springfield office. Learn more on the IDFPR's Contact Us webpage.

Contact the Division of Professional Regulation FAQs

Thank you for your interest in contacting the Division of Professional Regulation! We have a dedicated Professional Licensing webpage that provides an overview of the professional licensing process in Illinois, including the different types of application methods and helpful guides to completing your application. That webpage may be found here.

For answers to common licensing questions, see below.

Q: How do I apply for a professional license in Illinois?

A: Many applications for initial licensure may be completed online by going to and creating an account. If your profession is not one included, you may find the paper application on your profession’s webpage. All IDFPR profession webpages may be found here.

Q: How do I know what kind of application to submit for licensure?

A: You may find a list of the types of applications here.

Q: I once had an active Illinois license, but it is not active currently. How do I make it active again?

A: You may submit a request to reactivate your license by going here.

Q: I’ve applied for a professional license in Illinois. How can I check the status of my application?

A: If you’ve applied online, you may check the status of your application by logging into your account at This includes your license being issued or if you have deficiencies that must be completed.

Q: How do I change my name, address, or contact information for my license?

A: You may submit an address, email, or telephone number request online by going here. Please note, this online address change for is NOT for international residents. They must complete and submit this form.

Name changes may be submitted by completing and submitting this form.

Q: How can I request a license certification if I’m applying for a professional license in another state?

A: You may request a license certification by completing and submitting this form.

Q: How can I file a complaint against a licensee?

A: You may file a complaint against a DPR licensee by completing the steps here.

Q: How do I learn more about cannabis dispensary and agent licensing in Illinois?

A: Learn more about the Adult Use Cannabis Program in Illinois by going here. Learn more about the Medical Cannabis Patient Program by going here.